Umpire Shaw presented a report outlining the events leading to this report, indicting that player Sandhu disputed his decision when given out and then became involved with opposition players whilst acting as square leg umpire.
Player Sandhu then spoke and conceded he had questioned the umpire's decision when dismissed. He also saw it necessary to follow a ball to the boundary whilst acting as square leg umpire, as he believed there was some inconsistencies by the opposition in calling boundaries correctly.
1. Incidents occurred at this match as a result of ongoing feeling between the teams as a result of off field actions at the previous match. The panel was concerned that South Bertram had not reported this matter at the time.
2. Nothing regarding any incidents on or off the field were relevant in player Sandhu dissenting with the umpire as to his dismissal.
3. Players should be aware they are not to vacant their position whilst acting as square leg umpire.
4. We believe both clubs should receive a letter from the SMCA President outlining their responsibilities under the Code of Conduct. There were certainly faults on both sides during these two matches.
5. We recommend a Senior umpire be appointed when next they play.