by Gary Hartman
Cricket Australia had sent out COVID requirements for the 2020-21 season.
Key requirements are:
- No Spitting or using body fluid (ie sweat) on the ball
- No sharing of equipment ie helmets.
- Player and umpires to provide their own drink bottles - no sharing of cups in eskies etc
- Players to provide their own afternoon tea.
- Umpires will not hold player’s hats, spectacles, jumpers.
If an SMCA match is affected by COVID 19 (infected player etc) and the mandatory 14-day self-isolation and testing is enacted, then a match in progress would have to be abandoned and the match drawn. Clubs/teams would not be penalised, as COVID is an unprecedented situation.
See By-Law 24 for consequences of an event, or series of events, causing a season to be prematurely ended.